I have been enjoying all of the fresh summer product lately, especially the local corn and zucchini and these corn and zucchini ricotta stuffed shells are my current favourite! It’s fun to stuff pasta shells with tasty ingredients and the ricotta, parmesan, corn, zucchini, lemon and basil filling for these stuffed shells is simply amazing! The fresh ingredients along with the hit of lemon and basil make this dish sing with the bright flavours of summer! After the shells have been stuffed you lay them in a bed of basil marinara sauce and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese before baking until the cheese is melted and ooey-gooey and good! I like to serve these corn and zucchini ricotta stuffed shells with a lightly toasted garlic bread to finish the meal!
Corn and Zucchini Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Pasta shells stuffed with a corn and zucchini ricotta along with parmesan, lemon and fresh basil all baked in marinara sauce and smothered in melted cheese! Yum!
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed (to drain excess liquid)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Cook the pasta shells as directed and set aside individually to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, parmesan, zucchini, corn, basil and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the marinara sauce around the bottom of a large baking dish, stuff each shell with the ricotta mixture and place the shells on top of the sauce in the pan.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Taco Stuffed Shells
Asparagus and Lemon and Basil Ricotta Stuffed Salmon Rolls with Lemon Sauce
Eggplant Parmesan Boats
Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Corn and Zucchini Goat Cheese Quiche with Lemon and Basil
Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Asparagus Pesto and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Corn and Zucchini Chowder
No print button?
Tara Frazier says
Making this tonight. Can't wait!
Kimberly Porter says
Excellent! Made this tonight — a gloomy, cold fall day. Made me feel like summer isn't so far away.