Are you ready for another side dish for your Easter dinner? How about this tasty grilled asparagus with carrot ginger dressing? With spring here, even though it’s still chilly here, there is asparagus from down south available and I could not resist picking some up to make this dish! This asparagus recipe is so easy, you just cook the asparagus (I like to grill it to get that slightly charred and smoky flavour) and serve it topped with the carrot-ginger dressing which is inspired by the carrot ginger dressing that you stereotypically find in Japanese restaurants. The defining characteristics of the carrot dressing are of course the carrot and ginger flavours complemented by the tangy rice vinegar and the absolutely amazing aromatics from the toasted sesame oil. With the combination of the spring asparagus and the Easter carrots this grilled asparagus with carrot ginger dressing is a perfect side dish for your Easter dinner! I hope the Easter bunny does not get upset that we turned his carrots into a dressing!
Grilled Asparagus with Carrot Ginger Dressing
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:5 minutes Total Time:15 minutes Servings: 4
Grilled asparagus served with a tasty carrot-ginger dressing that is just packed with flavour!
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste (or soy sauce, or tamari or salt)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Toss the asparagus in the oil, salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until crisp-tender and slightly charred.
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Serve the asparagus topped with the carrot ginger dressing and enjoy!