Ginger is such a fabulous ingredient and this sauce show cases it as the main flavour! This sauce is inspired by a sauce commonly found in American Japanese style hibachi restaurants, such as Benihana. The main ingredients is a heaping tablespoon of fresh ginger which along with onion, forms the base of the sauce. The liquids come from salty soy sauce, fresh lemon juice and a hint of sweet maple. This fresh ginger sauce is amazing for dipping grilled meats and vegetables in and it also makes for a nice salad dressing!
Hibachi Ginger Sauce
A fresh ginger sauce with onion, lemon, soy sauce and a hint of maple!
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or mirin)
- Puree everything in a blender or food processor and enjoy!
Option: Add 1 small clove of garlic.
Option: Serve with hibachi chicken and vegetables!
Option: Serve with hibachi chicken fried rice!
Option: Serve with hibachi yumyum sauce!
Option: Serve with hibachi mustard sauce!