Yum yum sauce is a seasoned mayonnaise based sauce commonly found in American Japanese style hibachi restaurants, such as Benihana. The base of the sauce is mayo along with melted butter; yum! The seasonings include sweet ketchup and mirin along with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, white pepper, black pepper and salt. Once everything is mixed you can let it sit for a while to let all of the flavours mingle and come out. This sauce is great for dipping grilled meats and vegetables into and it also makes a great sauce for sandwiches.
Yum Yum Sauce
A super tasty hibachi style seasoned mayonnaise sauce!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mirin (or 1 teaspoon sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix everything well and enjoy!
Option: Serve with hibachi chicken and vegetables!
Option: Serve with hibachi chicken fried rice!
Option: Serve with hibachi ginger sauce!
Option: Serve with hibachi mustard sauce!
Leave a Reply