Potato recipes make for some of my favourite side dishes and these honey mustard potatoes certainly hit the spot! This recipe is as easy as parboiling the potatoes until just tender, frying them until golden brown, and then tossing them in a honey mustard sauce before serving. I like to use baby potatoes in this dish but peeled and diced potatoes also work well! One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s made on the stove top so it’s perfect for meals where the oven is being used to cook the roast, such as the turkey for Thanksgiving! Another nice thing about this recipe is that you can parboil the potatoes a day ahead making it super quick to finish on the day of the meal. Of course the best part of these honey mustard potatoes is enjoying them! The crispy golden brown outsides, the tender, melt in your mouth insides, all covered in a sweet and tangy sauce! Yum!
Honey Mustard Potatoes
A quick and easy stovetop potato side dish in a tasty honey and mustard sauce!
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (or potatoes cut into 1.5 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the potatoes in water in a large pot, bring to a boil and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes, before draining.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet/pan over medium heat, add the potatoes and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mixture of the honey, mustards, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper, toss to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes before enjoying!
Option: Use your favourite mustard(s).
Option: Use your favourite vinegar.
Option: Use your favourite seasonings!