Greek flavoured roast potatoes are an amazing side dish! The best way to cook them is to throw the potatoes into the bottom of a roasting pan when roasting a chicken, leg of lamb, etc. and let them cook in all of the glorious drippings from the roast! If you are not making a roast, these Greek style potatoes can be made any time! The potatoes are roasted in olive oil along with some broth, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. The broth is cooked off as the potatoes roast and all of the flavours are absorbed into the potatoes. Near the end of cooking all that’s left in the pan is the olive oil and the potatoes and the potatoes get nice and crispy cooking in the oil! These Greek style roast potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Greek Lemon Potatoes
Tasty golden brown roast potatoes with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and oregano!
- 3 pounds potatoes (such as yukon gold), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toss the potatoes in the mixture of the chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt, and place in a single layer in a large baking dish, along with the broth and oil mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the potatoes are tender and golden brown, about 40 minutes, mixing half way through.
Option: Add 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
Note: The broth will cook off as the potatoes roast with all of the flavours being absorbed into the potatoes!
Greek Style Roast Leg of Lamb with Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Greek Lemon Foil Roasted Potatoes
Crispy Parmesan Roast Potatoes
Roasted Potatoes in Creamy Mushroom and Miso Sauce
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potatoes
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Roast Head of Cauliflower in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Crispy Parmesan Roast Cauliflower
Parmesan Roasted Carrot Fries
Crispy Greek Lemon Smashed Potatoes
Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
Crispy Roast Potatoes