Homemade bread is the best and it’s hard to beat a quick and easy Irish soda bread but this potato bread is a definite winner! This potato bread is just as easy to make as a soda bread, in fact it’s pretty much the same recipe with the addition of potatoes and the potatoes help keep this bread so nice and moist and tender giving it a heavenly texture! Serve this bread while still warm with meting butter on top along side a stew or a soup! Leftover are great when fried in butter or bacon grease until golden brown and crispy! Yum!
Irish Potato Bread
A quick and easy Irish style potato bread that is super moist and tender!
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the potatoes, butter and milk and mix into the mixture of the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface for 5 minutes, form into the desired shape and place on a greased baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing and enjoying!