Carrots make for an amazing side dish for any meal, especially when topped with a maple pecan pie sauce! This side dish was inspired by sweet potato casserole which tops a sweet potato casserole with a pecan and brown sugar crumble. Both sweet potatoes and carrots are orange and sweet, so topping roast carrots with a sweet pecan topping seems only natural! These carrots are as simple as roasting the carrots until tender while making a quick and easy stove top pecan pie themed sauce with maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and pecans! These maple pecan glazed carrots are perfect for an meal, especially an Easter or Thanksgiving meal!
Maple Pecan Glazed Carrots
Tender roast carrots tossed with a maple pecan pie sauce!
- 2 pounds carrots, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Toss the carrots in the mixture of the oil and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes, turning once in the middle.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining maple syrup, the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble and boil.
- Add the pecans and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve the roast carrots topped with the maple pecan pie mixture!
Option: Instead of roasting the carrots in the oven, you can cook them in a pan with some oil.
Maple Roasted Carrots in Tahini Sauce with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Honey Sesame Roasted Carrots
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Roasted Carrots
Honey Sriracha Roasted Carrots
Roasted Carrot and Tahini Soup with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Maple Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
Maple Pecan Melting Sweet Potatoes
Muffin Pan Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Gratins
Leave a Reply