The holidays can be busy, especially with all of the family fun events that are going on, along with shopping, errands, etc. I like to keep a few quick and easy dinner recipes around for those nights where I’m just too busy to cook a full meal but also don’t want takeout! This chicken alfredo tortellini is a quick and easy meal that’s tasty, comes together in less than 20 minutes and it’s all made in one pan so cleanup is a breeze!
This recipe is made easy by heading over to my local Loblaws to pick up a rotisserie chicken from the Grab and Go section along with refrigerated tortellini and pre-made pesto. Using the pre-cooked chicken really helps speed things up and refrigerated tortellini cooks in almost no time requiring far less liquid so you can easily cook it in a single pan.
I like to make my own alfredo sauce from scratch and it’s so easy to make at home! It’s simply butter, garlic, cream and plenty of parmesan cheese! You could, if you prefer, save even more time by grabbing a ready-to-go alfredo sauce from the Grab and Go section at Loblaws as well!
Once the alfredo sauce is made, chicken broth is added for flavour and as a liquid to cook the tortellini. When the tortellini is tender you simply add the spinach, pesto and chicken and your meal is done!
Even though this meal is super easy, it’s also sure to impress dinner guests!
During the busy holiday season if you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe, this one-pan, 20-minute chicken alfredo tortellini is perfect, even for last minute, unexpected guests! A quick stop at your local Loblaws Grab and Go section helps you pull this meal off in less than 20 minutes in the kitchen! This is a complete meal all by itself but feel free to grab some ready-made sides while you’re at Loblaws!
Save those bones to make your own chicken stock (aka chicken bone broth)! Throw the bones into a bag and store them in the freezer until a day when you have some more time to make the broth!
One Pan 20 Minute Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
A quick and easy tortellini in a creamy pesto alfredo sauce with Grab and Go rotisserie chicken from Loblaws!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound refrigerated tortellini
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (optional)
- 5 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken from the Grab and Go section at Loblaws, shredded (about 2 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream and parmesan and cook until the cheese has melted into the cream, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil before adding the tortellini and cooking until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the pesto followed by the chicken before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- OIption: Add a splash of fresh lemon juice at the end!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Tortellini
Spinach Pesto, Feta and Shrimp Tortellini
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Linguine
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo with Crispy Fried Sage
Avocado and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
One Pan 20 Minute Buffalo Chicken Tortellini
Spinach and Feta Cheese Tortellini
Paige Cassandra Flamm says
This looks like such a perfect weeknight meal!
Just bought items to make this! Drooling!