Egg casseroles are super easy to make and great for breakfast (or even dinner) and this pepperoni pizza themed casserole of one of my favourites! The basics behind the egg casserole is the mixture of egg and dairy that sets when baked and I like to go with cottage cheese for the dairy in mine. Other than the eggs and cottage cheese there is mozzarella, pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, sliced olives and a pinch of oregano, half of which are mixed into the eggs and the rest is sprinkled on top, like a pizza. After baking I like to serve this pepperoni pizza egg casserole topped with some warm pizza sauce and any leftovers store well in the fridge for quick breakfasts the next day!
Pepperoni Pizza Egg Casserole
An easy egg casserole with all of the flavours of pepperoni pizza; pizza for breakfast!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 pinch oregano
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat, add the mushrooms and cook until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes, before letting them cool.
- Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, and half of each of the mozzarella, mushrooms, pepperoni, olives and oregano.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan (10 inch cast iron pan or an 8×13 inch rectangular pan), sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella followed by the remaining mushrooms, pepperoni, olives and oregano.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the eggs have set and the top is a light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Option: Add 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese!
Option: Use your favourite pizza toppings!
Option: Serve topped with warm pizza sauce.
Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole
Zucchini and Corn Egg Casserole
Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole
Cottage Cheese and Egg Muffins with Ham and Cheddar Cheese
Frittata with Italian Sausage and Cannelli Beans
Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Egg Breakfast Casserole
Zucchini and Feta Breakfast Casserole
Asparagus and Artichoke Breakfast Casserole
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Muffins
Mexican Breakfast Egg and Chorizo Casserole
Corn and Zucchini Cheddar and Tomato Quiche
What a great Keto/Low Carb recipe!
Love ALL your recipes, Kevin..!! Can’t wait to try this one.
another fun recipe from you, love the egg base instead of rhe crust, a nice carb to protein swap, thank you!