I have really been into cauliflower lately and in particular I have been enjoying a lot of bowls of the roasted cauliflower and aged white cheddar soup which have been keeping me warm on these cold winter days. With the big game coming up I have had snacks on my mind a lot and one of my favourite snacks for for any kind of party has to be hot melted cheese dips like the spinach and artichoke dip. The other day while I was enjoying a bowl of the roasted cauliflower and aged white cheddar soup I was thinking about dips and I had a crazy idea, why not combine the two ideas and make a hot melted cheesy cauliflower dip? The recipe for the dip is pretty easy, you just need to roast the cauliflower, puree it, mix in the cheese and then bake it until the cheese is all melted, bubbling and golden brown. I have to say that this dip is another reason to love cauliflower!
You can’t go wrong with a hot melted cheese dip for any party!
While I was writing the recipe for the roasted cauliflower and aged white cheddar dip I thought of several other add ins for the dip including things like roasted mushrooms or bacon and caramelized onions. Since I had a half a head of cauliflower left over I went ahead and made the roasted cauliflower, mushroom and aged white cheddar dip the next day!
Buffalo roasted cauliflower hot cheesy dip anyone?
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip
A warm and creamy roasted cauliflower and aged white cheddar dip that is decadently delicious without all of the calories!
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- Toss the cauliflower in the oil with salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Puree everything in a food processor and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the top is lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Tip: Make the dip the day before and just bake on the day of the party to save some time on a busy day. Note: If you do this it will require 10-15 minutes extra baking time since it just came out of the fridge and you will know it is done when the sides are bubbling and the top is lightly golden brown.
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Gratin
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Hot Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprout Dip
Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip