A nice fresh strawberry caprese salad is a great way to enjoy some of those perfectly ripe and juicy summer strawberries but if you are looking for something that could be more of a light meal how about a strawberry quinoa and spinach caprese salad? This salad is pretty much just a simply amazing strawberry caprese salad served on a bed of baby spinach and light, fluffy and tender quinoa and it makes for a really quick and easy light meal! When doing a strawberry caprese salad like this I like to kick up the flavour a bit by using a tasty homemade balsamic vinaigrette rather than just a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Strawberry Quinoa and Spinach Caprese Salad
A light and fresh summer strawberry quinoa and spinach salad with mozzarella and basil.
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 handful basil leaves, julienned
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat, let sit covered for 5 minutes and let cook to room temperature.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!
Strawberry Caprese Salad
Mango Caprese Salad
Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad
Strawberry and Feta Salad
Strawberry BBQ Chicken Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
Berry and Avocado Spinach Salad with Feta and Pistachios in a Creamy Berry Poppy Seed Dressing
Berry Salad with Honey and Lemon Yogurt Dressing