Summer is the season for salads and this cool and crunchy Thai style is perfect for hot days! This salad features plenty of crunchy vegetables including shredded cabbage, sliced cucumbers, carrots, and bell peppers along with chopped cashews and/or peanuts! I enjoy using quinoa in salads and it works particularly well in this one. One of my favourite things about this salad is all of the bright colours and the use of black quinoa adds plenty of contrast! The final component of any salad is the dressing and a tasty Thai peanut dressing is simply amazing here. One nice addition to this salad is crunchy wasabi peas that add a nice kick!
Thai Style Quinoa Salad
A Thai inspired quinoa salad filled with crunchy veggies, in a tasty peanut dressing!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water (or coconut milk or broth)
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews (or peanuts), roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup wasabi peas (optional)
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes before turning off the heat and letting it sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Let the quinoa cool to room temperature.
- Mix the quinoa, cabbage, cucumber, pepper, cashews, green onions, cilantro and dressing, and enjoy topped with wasabi peas.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
Moroccan Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Quinoa and Arugula Salad with Almonds, Pomegranate and Feta in a Lemony Tahini Dressing
Apricot Quinoa Salad
Roast Acorn Squash, Sweet Potato and Beet Kale and Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Feta and Pomegranate in a Cilantro Lemon Tahini Dressing
Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Bowls
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Cuban Mojo Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowls with Pineapple Salsa
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Romesco Sauce
Pesto Zucchini and Corn Quinoa Salad
Thai Grilled Steak Salad
Thai Lemongrass Chicken and Avocado Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Thai Black Rice Salad
Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowls
Lemongrass Grilled Chicken Rice Noodle Bowls
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Buddha Bowls
looks so good. Wish it had another sauce besides the peanut sauce (can’t have peanuts) wonder if it would be good with some sort of vinegar dressing
You can use another dressing! If you can have sesame seeds, you could replace the peanut butter in the dressings with tahini. You can find some more of my dressings here: Dressing Recipes; I would suggest an avocado based dressing but many will work well with this salad!
Carole Ann Busick says
I have never used peanut sauce. Is this the dressing