I have been on a sloppy joe kick and these buffalo chicken sloppy joes are an easy meal to make for dad on Father’s Day! The meat for these sloppy joes is chicken and the sauce has plenty of buffalo chicken hot sauce mixed in! Buffalo chicken wings are often served with sticks of celery and/or carrots and they are both included in the meat sauce, along with onions and garlic. The final component to the chicken wing dish is the blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing that’s served on the side to dip the wings, celery and carrots into and it makes an amazing addition to these sandwiches! These buffalo chicken sloppy joes are an easy meal to make for dad on Father’s day and they are also a great meal for any night of the week!
Blue cheese coleslaw is amazing in these sandwiches!
Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
All of the flavours of buffalo chicken wings in sloppy joe sandwich form!
- 1 tablespoon oil (or butter)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated/minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (tomato sauce or or water)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large pan/skillet, add the chicken, onions, carrots and celery and cook, breaking the chicken apart as it cooks, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth mixed with the cornstarch and hot sauce to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the buffalo chicken mixture between the buns along with the dressing and crumbled blue cheese and enjoy!
Option: Serve with blue cheese coleslaw or coleslaw!
Jalapeno Popper Sloppy Joes
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Texmex Sloppy Joes
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese
Frito Pie Sloppy Joes
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
Easy Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
Buffalo Chicken Club Sandwich
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Buffalo Chicken French Bread
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Buffalo Chicken Salad Quesadillas
ha, this could be a nice Father’s Day recipe, a combination of so many dad-like things! And over the top in a good way, thank you