The NFL football playoffs are this weekend and I’m getting my game day snacking menu ready! Spicy buffalo chicken dip has to be one of my all time favourite snacks for watching the big game and it’s perfect for diving into with chips but you can also bake it in bread! This recipe is really just a regular buffalo chicken dip that’s placed into a hollowed out loaf of bread, like a french bread, topped with even more cheese and baked until the dip has melted and the cheese is all nice and ooey and gooey and good! Yum! When you bake the bread it gets crispy so you can easily slice the loaf into individually sized pieces that are perfect finger food! This buffalo chicken french bread is a fabulous recipe to munch on while watching the game this weekend or for any other special occasion where you want to impress.
It’s also perfect for tailgating!
Don’t tell anyone but I also like to make this for dinner sometimes!
Buffalo Chicken French Bread
Buffalo chicken dip stuffed into a hollowed out loaf of bread, topped with plenty of cheese and baked until the cheese is all melted, ooey, and gooey!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- hot sauce to taste (I use 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot)
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning* (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large French loaf, top cut off and hollowed out (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce, ranch seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper before gently mixing in the chicken, blue cheese, mozzarella and cheddar.
- Place the mixture into the hollow of the loaf of bread, top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the top is lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Option: Add cooked bacon to either the mixture or sprinkled on top!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Fritters
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
Buffalo Chicken Chowder
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Club Sandwich
Buffalo Chicken Salad
BBQ Chicken with Blue Cheese Slaw Wraps
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo Chicken Sushi
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Crispy Fried Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
One Pan 20 Minute Buffalo Chicken Tortellini
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo Chicken Salad Quesadillas