Although I tend to go for hearty soups that are packed with flavour, occasionally I crave something light and tasty and this white bean and rosemary soup hits the spot! The main ingredients in this soup are the white beans and vegetables, including onions, carrots and celery! The seasoning is quite simple with rosemary and lemon juice being the primary ones with tones of thyme and parmesan cheese. It only takes about 30 minutes to make so it’s perfect for busy nights and if you make a large batch, the leftovers make for quick lunches or meals that just need to be quickly reheated!
White Bean and Rosemary Soup
A quick, easy, light and tasty bean and vegetable soup with lemon and rosemary!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 (14.5) ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, beans and rosemary, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cheese and let it melt into the soup.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Replace the herbs with your favourite herbs or Italian seasoning or Greek seasoning, etc.
Option: Add spinach (or kale).
Option: Puree some or all of the beans.
Bacon and Bean Soup
Rosemary and Roasted Garlic White Bean Soup
Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup
Pumpkin, Chorizo and Black Bean Soup
Spinach, White Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup
Maple and Bourbon Ham and Baked Bean Soup
Pasta e Fagioli Soup (Italian Pasta and Bean Soup)
Dill Pickle Soup
Ham and Bean Soup
thank you, have been into soups last couple years, almost year-round, and white beans are one of my go-to beans so nice to have both