Apple and cinnamon is such an amazing flavour combination that can be enjoyed in a number of ways and these bars make for a perfect fall treat! This recipe is a pretty basic cookie bar (aka blondies) recipe with fresh diced apples and cinnamon added. I also really enjoy the apple and toffee (or caramel) combo so I add plenty of toffee (or caramel) chips to the mix! It’s as easy to make these bars as mixing the wet ingredients, mixing the dry ingredients, mixing them together, and adding the apple and toffee chips before baking! The hardest part about making these bars is waiting for them cool enough to eat! I like to enjoy them warm, at room temperature or chilled, from the fridge! They keep well for several days so they are nice to make ahead of time to serve at special occasions, like Thanksgiving!
For an even more decadent treat, serve them warmed, topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
Apple Cinnamon Toffee Bars
Apple and cinnamon blondie bars with toffee chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup toffee chips
- Mix the butter and brown sugar followed by the eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet before gently mixing in the apple and toffee chips.
- Place the batter in a greased (or parchment lined) 9×13 inch baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top looks just set, but still jiggles a little, about 20-30 minutes, before pulling out of the oven and letting it cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
Caramel Apple Crisp Bars
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Cookies and Cream Blondies
Ultimate Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Green Tea White Chocolate Brownies
Mayan Orange Brownies
Cranberry Bliss Bars
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Bars