Pumpkin bread is one of my favourite fall treats; there’s just something magical about that pumpkin flavour combined with the warm spices! Cranberries are another great fall ingredient and they work well in pumpkin bread! The tartness of the cranberries perfectly compliments the sweetness of the pumpkin bread and the splash of red is amazing! This recipe is pretty simple, starting out with my standard pumpkin bread recipe, with the addition of fresh cranberries. I also like to incorporate a hint of apple and citrus flavour and aroma to the bread, since they both compliment the cranberries, in the form of apple sauce and orange zest. This cranberry pumpkin bread is perfect for any time in fall and I especially like to make it for Thanksgiving!
Note: Cranberries are tart and they will create pockets of tartness as you bite into the bread. I like this commination oof sweetness and tartness, but you can add more sugar to the bread or even top it with a citrus glaze to add more to the sweetness!
Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
A moist pumpkin bread filled with tart cranberries!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or coconut, or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg before mixing in the mixture of the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, sugars, apple sauce, and orange zest followed by the cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
Option: Replace the 2 cups of fresh cranberries with 1 cup dried cranberries.
Option: Top with an orange glaze: 1 cup powdered/confectioners/icing sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon orange juice
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Pumpkin Chai Latte
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips
Banana Upside Down Cake with Chocolate Chips
Caramel Apple Bread
Gingerbread Loaf with Lemon Icing
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Fresh Cranberry Relish
Cranberry Bliss Bars