Over the last few months I have been experimenting with omelettes and in particular I have been focusing on open faced omelettes but lets not forget the classic folded omelette. It has been a while since I last made a folded omelet and as soon as I saw this recipe for a guacamole omelette with salsa on Kalyn’s Kitchen I knew that it was time to try making one again. I would not have though to use avocado let alone guacamole in an omelette but as soon as I had heard the idea I was intrigued. The folded over omelette is a bit trickier than an open faced omelette but as long as you don’t over stuff it and fold the one side over gently it is still pretty easy. It was hard not to over stuff this omelette but judicial snacking on the guacamole before it made it to the omelette helped out a lot and the guacamole omelette turned out great. Guacamole works so well stuffed in an omelette! The cool and creamy guacamole was surrounded by warm melted gooey cheese and light and fluffy eggs and overall it was amazing. The spicy salsa topping finish this breakfast off perfectly.
Guacamole Omelette with Salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Mix the chili powder, salt and pepper into the eggs.
- Heat a pan, pour the eggs in and let them cook until the just start to set.
- Sprinkle the cheese on and let it start to melt, about a minute.
- Spread the guacamole over half of the eggs and cook until the eggs have set, about a minute.
- Fold the the egg over the guacamole and slip onto a plate.
- Pour the salsa onto the omelette and enjoy.
Black Bean Guacamole Omelette
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole with Salsa
Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole
Caramelized Apple and Cheddar Omelette with Bacon and Candied Walnuts
Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Omelette
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg
Pad Thai Omelette