I’ve been a little obsessed with quesadillas lately and my most recent whim was to try huevos rancheros, a Mexican style breakfast with tortillas, eggs, refried beans and salsa ranchera, quesadilla style; I mean everything is better with melted cheese! These quesadilla huevos rancheros could not be easier to make, you simply place the cheese, refried beans and salsa ranchera between two tortillas and cook until the tortillas and nice and toasted and golden brown and the cheese has melted before topping with fried eggs! I like to serve quesadillas garnished with extras and for these I added some extra salsa, sour cream, queso fresco, avocado and cilantro making them one tasty and satisfying breakfast!
Just look at that amazing running yolk!
Quesadilla Huevos Rancheros
Huevos rancheros done quesadilla style with refried beans and salsa ranchera sandwiched between toasted tortillas and plenty of melted cheese with a fried egg!
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa ranchera
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the refried beans, salsa ranchera, the remaining cheese and remaining tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Fry the eggs as desired and place on top of the quesadilla seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and garnishing with cilantro.
Asparagus Huevos Rancheros
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla with Fried Egg with Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Mexican Baked Eggs
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
Boxty (Irish Potato Pancakes) with Bangers in a Guinness Mushroom and Onion Gravy
Mongolian Beef Quesadillas