Today I have a new quesadilla recipe to share with you and this time it’s a Mediterranean take on them! You really can’t go wrong taking tortillas, stuffing them with cheese and other ingredients and toasting them until the cheese is all nice and melted, ooey gooey and good! These Mediterranean quesadillas start out with cheese, including feta, followed by spinach, artichokes, sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives along with romesco sauce for some smokey heat! I like to enjoy these, really stuffed, quesadillas either as snacks or as a light meal!
Ooey gooey quesadillas packed with the flavours of the Mediterranean including, feta, olives, spinach, artichokes, sundried tomatoes and a tasty romesco sauce!
- 2 8 inch tortillas
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded (or monterey jack or kasseri)
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon romesco sauce (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the feta, spinach, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, the remaining cheese and remaining tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Romesco Sauce
Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad
Quesadillas al Pastor with Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple Guacamole
Quesadilla Huevos Rancheros
Salmon Teriyaki and Pineapple Quesadillas
Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Crema
Cranberry and Brie Turkey Quesadillas with Avocado and Candied Jalapenos
Pesto Grilled Shrimp Caprese Quesadillas
Chicken Gyro Grilled Cheese (aka The Gyro Melt)
Mongolian Beef Quesadillas