When I made the teriyaki salmon last week I could not help but think of making these teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas! Teriyaki sauce and pineapple is such a fabulous flavour combination and you really can’t go wrong throwing them into quesadillas with plenty of melted cheese! I kept these quesadillas nice and simple only adding some green onions and sriracha to the teriyaki salmon and pineapple and I went with monterey jack for the cheese. I made the teriyaki sauce a little differently by replacing the sake with pineapple juice to get even more pineapple flavour. Although these teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas are super tasty all by themselves I served them topped with a drizzle of sriracha mayo and teriyaki sauce and a quick pineapple salsa!
The quesadilla being prepared:
Salmon Teriyaki and Pineapple Quesadillas
Teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas with fiery sriracha and plenty of melted cheese!
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup teriyaki salmon, cooked
- 1/4 cup pineapple, sliced and optionally grilled
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki glaze
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the salmon, pineapple, green onion, teriyaki sauce, sriracha, the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers with Grilled Pineapple Salsa, Bacon and Blue Cheese
Quesadillas al Pastor with Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple Guacamole
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
Chipotle Lime Salmon and Avocado Salsa Quesadillas
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos with Candied Jalapeno and Bacon
Mongolian Beef Quesadillas
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki and Pineapple Salad