Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and this tasty shrimp pasta dish is easy to make for mom on her special day! This is simple Italian style tomato sauce with onions, garlic and some spicy heat from red pepper flakes. Other than the sauce, the star of the show is the shrimp and I like to use large ones! The sauce does not take long to make so you can easily boil the pasta while making it and everything will be ready at about the same time. Whether you are making this shrimp fra diavolo for mom on Mother’s Day or for a treat for a special date, it is sure to please!
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
A quick, easy and tasty shrimp pasta with a spicy kick!
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, breaking the tomatoes apart with a wooden spoon or masher, as it cooks.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until it is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over the cooked pasta and enjoy!
Option: Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
Option: Garnish with romano or parmesan cheese!
Cod Poached in Arrabbiata Sauce
Fish and Zucchini Puttanesca Stew
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Tuna and Caper Tomato Pasta
Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and White Wine Sauce
Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
Creamy Cajun Tomato and Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Cajun BBQ Shrimp Scampi Linguine
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Linguine