Pot roast has to be one of the best comfort foods around and with a slow cooker, it’s so easy to make! This pot roast is crusted with a super tasty mixture of dried mushroom powder, dijon mustard, miso paste, parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and pepper that infuses the beef with its magical flavours as it slowly roasts in the slow cooker! The beef is placed into the slow cooker on top of a bed of mushrooms, onions, carrots and potatoes which cook in beef broth making this a really easy one pot meal where everything is ready when you get home from work. The veggies are cooked at the bottom of the pot so that the drippings from the roasting beef along with some of the beefs seasoning comes down and infuses them with even more flavour! When the beef is roasted until fall apart tender you remove it from the pot to sliced, add some cornstarch to the liquid and cook in the slow cooker on high until it thickens and forms a tasty gravy to smother everything in! What an easy and tasty meal!
Slow Cooker Mushroom Pot Roast
A mushroom crusted beef pot roast that is melt in your mouth tender and smothered in a tasty gravy! Homemade comfort food at it’s best, made super easily in a slowcooker!
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, ground into a coarse powder
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 (4 pound) beef roast (such as chuck, eye of round, etc.)
- 2 pounds mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 onions, sliced
- 1 pound carrots, cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- Mix the dried mushroom powder, mustard, miso, parmesan, garlic, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce and rub all over the roast.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms, onions, carrots and potatoes over the bottom of the slow cooker, pour in the broth, top with the beef, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-5 hours. (The beef will be falling apart tender when done!)
- Remove the mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and beef and slice or shred the beef.
- Add mixture of the cornstarch and the water to the sauce in the slow cooker, cover and cook on high until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the beef, mushrooms, carrots and pepper smothered in the gravy!
Option: Sauteed the mushrooms and onions before adding to the slow cooker!
Pot Roast Sandwich Smothered in Gravy with Melted Swiss Cheese and Horseradish Mayonnaise
Pot Roast Mushroom Soup
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Philly Cheesesteak French Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich