- * leftover turkey bones and meat
- * leftover roasted vegetables (optional)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 sprig of thyme (optional)
- 1 sprig of rosemary (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- * water
- Place everything in a large stock pot and cover and fill with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-6 hours adding more water if needed.
- Let it cool.
- Stain out the bits reserving the meat if you want to use it in another dish.
- Refrigerate it and skim of the fat.