When I made the tacos al pastor the other week I made a double batch to ensure leftovers for use in quesadillas! The tacos al pastor taste great when filled with fresh ingredients like pineapple, onions and cilantro so they can only get better in quesadilla form with plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese! These quesadillas al pastor are filled with the al pastor pork, pineapple pieces, pineapple salsa, diced onions, cilantro and of course lots and lots of cheese before they are grilled until the cheese has melted and the tortillas a crispy and golden brown. Even if you do not make the tacos al pastor it's definitely well worth making the al pastor pork for these tasty quesadillas!
Just look at all of the tasty filling in these quesadillas!
I like to serve these quesadillas al pastor with extra pineapple salsa and a simple pineapple guacamole for dipping or topping. They are a little messy when served like this but oh so good!
Quesadillas al Pastor with Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple Guacamole
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 1
Quesadillas al pastor with pineapple, smoky chipotle pineapple salsa and plenty of melted cheese.
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup al pastor pork
- 1/4 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon pineapple salsa (the salsa used to make the al pastor pork)
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle on half of the cheese, top with the pork, pineapple, salsa, onion, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Grill the pineapple slices before cutting into small pieces.
Option: Serve with pineapple guacamole for dipping: Mix 1 large mashed avocado with 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, 1 tablespoon lime juice and a pinch of salt.