When I made the teriyaki salmon last week I could not help but think of making these teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas! Teriyaki sauce and pineapple is such a fabulous flavour combination and you really can't go wrong throwing them into quesadillas with plenty of melted cheese! I kept these quesadillas nice and simple only adding some green onions and sriracha to the teriyaki salmon and pineapple and I went with monterey jack for the cheese. I made the teriyaki sauce a little differently by replacing the sake with pineapple juice to get even more pineapple flavour. Although these teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas are super tasty all by themselves I served them topped with a drizzle of sriracha mayo and teriyaki sauce and a quick pineapple salsa!
The quesadilla being prepared:
Salmon Teriyaki and Pineapple Quesadillas
Teriyaki salmon and pineapple quesadillas with fiery sriracha and plenty of melted cheese!
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup teriyaki salmon, cooked
- 1/4 cup pineapple, sliced and optionally grilled
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki glaze
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the salmon, pineapple, green onion, teriyaki sauce, sriracha, the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Serve topped with pineapple salsa.