Looking for something fun, quick and tasty for dinner? How about these crunchy baked cheddar dijon chicken tenders? This recipe starts out with boneless and skinless chicken that is cut into strips, dipped into a tasty honey dijon sauce, coated in crumbled cheddar crackers and baked until nice and golden brown, crispy and good! These chicken fingers are great when served with even more of the honey dijon sauce for your dipping pleasure! No matter how you look at em, these crispy baked cheddar dijon chicken tenders are a great quick, easy and tasty family meal that everyone, including the kids, will devour!
Finger licking good!
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Crispy honey dijon and cheddar cracker coated chicken tenders that make for one tasty chicken dinner both for the kids and adults alike!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken, optionally cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese crackers, crushed
- Mix the honey, mustards, oil, lemon juice, miso and garlic, season with salt and pepper and divide in half.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in the flour, shake off excess, dip in half of the dressing, shake off excess, press into the cheddar cheese crackers crumbs and place on a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until cooked (165F) and golden brown, about 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Serve straight from the oven with remaining dressing.
Option: Instead of dipping the chicken in the honey dijon dressing before baking, dip it in the mixture of 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon dijon mustard.
Option: Use another flavour of cracker, pretzels, etc. instead of the cheddar cheese crackers.
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Maple Dijon Salmon
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken