Roast potatoes have to be one of the easiest side dishes around! You simply peel and dice the potatoes before tossing in oil, seasoning and roasting! I like the combination of smoky chipotle chili powder, with a small amount of warmth, combined with the sweetness of the potatoes! In this version I add some paprika, cumin and garlic but you can change the spices up!
Chipotle Roast Sweet Potatoes
Tender roast sweet potatoes with smoky chipotle chili warmth!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed, optionally peeled, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss the sweet potato in the oil, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 425F/220C oven until tender, about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Option: Add a pinch of cinnamon!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or honey, or brown sugar!
Option: Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
Crispy Roast Potatoes
Crispy Greek Lemon Smashed Potatoes
Easy Mashed Potatoes
Crispy Parmesan Roast Potatoes
Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Pie Pancakes
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecan Streusel
Maple Pecan Melting Sweet Potatoes