Gnocchi are small potato dumplings that are soft and chewy and they make for a nice alternative to pasta! It’s pretty easy to make homemade gnocchi and you can find it premade in the grocery store, either fresh, dried or frozen. This Tuscan style gnocchi serves it in a creamy parmesan sauce with spicy Italian style sausage, flavour packed sundried tomatoes and fresh spinach! The whole dish takes less than 30 minutes to make, so it’s perfect for busy work nights, and it’s sure to impress, making it great for guests!
Creamy Tuscan Sausage Gnocchi
Soft gnocchi in a creamy sausage and parmesan sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach!
- 1 pound gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the gnocchi as directed on the package.*
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the sausage and onions and cook, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and the cooked gnocchi, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the parmesan and spinach, mix, and cook until the cheese has melted and the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Option: Add sliced artichoke hearts.
Option: Add fresh a splash of lemon juice
Option: Garnish with fresh basil!
Option: Garnish with parmesan!
Option: Garnish with red pepper flakes!
Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
Cauliflower Gnocchi in Asiago Mushroom and Spinach Sauce
Chicken Gnocchi in a Creamy Lemon and Caper Sauce
Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi Bolognese
Meat Lovers Pizza Gnocchi
Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Gnocchi Poutine with Short Rib Ragu
Creamy Tuscan Mushrooms
Tuscan Baked Chicken
Tuscan Roast Asparagus
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta with Chicken
Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Baked Chicken