One-pan baked chicken meals are so easy to make and this creamy parmesan and sun-dried tomato baked chicken is really tasty! The basic idea behind this recipe is that you throw the chicken along with some tasty ingredients into a pan and bake everything all at the same time! This chicken is seasoned with a Italian herb blend and it’s baked in a cream based sauce with parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, both of which are just packed with flavour! The sauce is also seasoned with garlic, and red pepper flakes for some heat. I like to add fresh chopped spinach for something green and since it will release some liquid as it bakes, I add some cornstarch to the sauce which will keep it nice and thick! This creamy parmesan and sun-dried tomato baked chicken is amazing served over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes or polenta!
Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Baked Chicken
An easy to make baked chicken in a creamy parmesan, spinach and sundried tomato sauce!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the garlic, red pepper flakes, corn starch, cream, and parmesan before mixing in the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the bottom of a baking pan, place the chicken on top and spread the remaining mixture on top of the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes.
Option: Garnish with chopped parsley or basil!
Creamy Chicken Romano
Creamy Dijon Mustard Chicken
Tuscan Baked Chicken
Spinach and Feta Baked Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
French Onion Baked Chicken
Mexican Street Corn Baked Chicken