Pizza is one of my favourite meals, especially when loaded with plenty of meat! I like to use the flavours of pizza in different forms and this dish using gnocchi (potato dumplings) in a pizza sauce with pizza toppings mixed in, all topped with melted cheese, is amazing! Pizza gnocchi can be made with your favourite pizza topping flavours and it works really well meat lover’s style with pepperoni, beef and bacon! This recipe starts out by cooking the gnocchi and meats before mixing in pizza sauce, and topping it with mozzarella and letting it melt.
Meat Lovers Pizza Gnocchi
Soft and pillowy gnocchi done meat lover’s pizza style with pizza sauce, pepperoni, bacon, and beef all smothered in plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced
- 4 ounces of pepperoni, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the gnocchi as directed on the package.*
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat before setting aside.
- Cook the pepperoni in bacon grease in the pan and set aside.
- Optionally cook the gnocchi in the bacon grease until crispy and set aside.
- Add the beef and onion to the pan and cook, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until cooked through, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, gnocchi, bacon and pepperoni, and simmer for a few minutes.**
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the cheese (and any garnishes**), cover and let it melt.***
Note: **I like to reserve some of the bacon and pepperoni to garnish the top.
Note: ***You can let the cheese melt on top from the heat in the sauce or you can transfer it to the oven to bake or broil to melt the cheese.
Option: Use your favourite pizza topping ingredients!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
Cauliflower Gnocchi in Asiago Mushroom and Spinach Sauce
Chicken Gnocchi in a Creamy Lemon and Caper Sauce
Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi Bolognese
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Gnocchi Poutine with Short Rib Ragu
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole