After enjoying the
fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade so much last week, I simply could not resist turning it into a
po’ boy sandwich. (A po’ boy is a sandwich from Louisiana that is served in a baguette.) I already knew that the crispy and tangy fried green tomato and succulently spicy shrimp and tasty remoulade sauce was a winner and wrapping it up in a fresh baguette with its chewy outside and soft, melt in your mouth inside, could only make things better! I think that I have found my new favourite po’ boy; it’s too bad it is so late in the season. I will be looking forward to making them again next year!
Fried Green Tomato and Shrimp Remoulade Po Boy
- 1 pound shrimp (shelled and deviened)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 baguette (cut into 4 sandwich sized lengths and sliced in half)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 6 slices fried green tomatoes (about 2 tomatoes worth)
- 1/4 cup remoulade sauce
- Toss the shrimp in the oil and creole seasoning to coat.
- Saute in a pan until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Shrimp and Andouille Grits
Shrimp Po’ Boy
Fried Green Tomatoes with Shrimp Remoulade
Vietnamese Caramel Shrimp Banh Mi
Spicy Peanut Shrimp Sandwich with Thai Style Slaw
Pickled Green Tomato and Shrimp Remoulade Po Boy
Fried Green Tomato BLT with Shrimp Remoulade
Blackened Shrimp on Kale and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Andouille Cream
Blackened Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bites