After waiting for a long month my new batch of
was finally ready and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it to start. After the success of the
kimchi egg salad sandwich
I wanted to try a chicken version and as luck would have it I had just stumbled across a container filled with leftover cooked shredded chicken in the freezer. I pretty much just used the same recipe substituting in chicken for the egg. I cooked some bacon in a pan and then slightly caramelized the kimchi in the bacon grease to impart it with its flavour while eliminating any excess moisture to prevent the sandwich from getting soggy. After that it was as easy as mixing the chicken salad ingredients and assembling the sandwich. The kimchi chicken salad sandwich was just as good ans the egg salad sandwich version! I certainly have been having fun adding kimchi to dishes that I enjoy all the time.
Kimchi Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 strips bacon (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon gochujang
- 1/2 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices of bread
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Saute the kimchi in the bacon grease until caramelized, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and gochujang in a small bowl.
- Mix the bacon, kimchi, gochujang mayo, green onion and sesame seeds.
- Assemble sandwich.
Kimchi Egg Salad Sandwich
Kimchi Sweet Potato Salad
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich with Apple Chutney
Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza
Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Gochujang Ketchup for Dipping
Deviled Ham Sandwich
Tandoori Chicken Melt
Kimchi Chicken Melt
Lemon Basil Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich