I certainly enjoyed eating the
Korean short rib tacos during the week but by the end of the week I is looking to change things up a bit. Another item on the
Kogi menu was burritos and those burritos are breakfast burritos with eggs. Thought the breakfast burritos sounded good I was thinking of a more dinner style burrito. I normally construct my burritos with a base of rice, beans and meat and then add the extras like salsa, cheese, etc. For the barbecue short rib burritos I went with
cilantro and lime rice made with brown short grain rice, the
Korean style refried beans , the
barbecue short ribs and the other fixings from the short rib tacos. The Korean short rib burritos were pretty easy to make given that most of the ingredients were already made and they turned out nicely. The cilantro and lime rice and refried beans went really well with the Korean short ribs and the rest of the taco condiments. The burritos were nice and tasty and filling with the perfect amount of heat. The next time I make kalbi I am going to have to try the breakfast version of these burritos as well.
Korean Short Rib Burrito
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 pound kalbi (Korean barbecue short ribs) (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup Korean style refried beans
- 1 cup cilantro and lime rice
- 1 cup Korean style salsa roja
- 1 cup onion and cilantro relish
- 1 cup shredded lettuce in a Korean sesame vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted and crushed)
- Assemble burritos.