Sweet potatoes are a classic ingredient for side dishes for holiday dinners and instead of going with the usual casserole how about these muffin pan maple pecan sweet potato gratins for a change? The sweet potatoes are sliced and stacked in muffin tins with a tasty maple, butter and cream sauce and topped with pecans before being baked until nice and melt in your mouth good! I like to use a large muffin muffin pan as they are nicely sized for medium sweet potatoes and they make stacks that are perfectly portioned for an individual. These individual muffin pan maple pecan sweet potato gratins are a super easy and irresistibly good side for any dinner!
Muffin Pan Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Gratins
Individual sweet maple pecan sweet potato gratins made in a muffin pan!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat the mixture of the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, cream and cinnamon in a small sauce pan until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Toss the sweet potato slices in the mixture and stack them in a muffin pan pouring the remaining sauce evenly over the stacks before sprinkling on the pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the sweet potatoes are tender, the tops are a light golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
Option: Instead of a simple nut topping do a nut crumble topping! (1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons melted butter)
Maple Pecan Melting Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Pie Pancakes
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecan Streusel
Creamy Brie Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Soup
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes