With summer here it is grilling season and one of my favourite things to grill is meat on a stick! I mean, what’s not to like? You have meat, sticks and fire! Mmm… Although I generally think of chicken first when it comes to meat on a stick, you can’t go wrong with plump juicy shrimp either! I came across the idea of pesto grilled shrimp on Gina’s Skinny Taste a few months ago and I was just itching for summer to arrive so that I could use some fresh basil, fire up the grill and try them out! The recipe could not be easier, you simply make the pesto, marinate the shrimp, skewer is on sticks and grill it and this is good since you will want to be making it every week this summer!
I am so looking forward to grilling up more meat on a stick over the next few weeks!
What are your favourite grilled shrimp recipes?
Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Light fresh and summery basil pesto marinated grilled shrimp.
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/4 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight, in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Chipotle Lime Shrimp
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp
Shrimp Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Tom Yum Grilled Shrimp
Orange Chipotle Shrimp
Baby Artichoke Heart Quinoa Risotto with Shrimp and Meyer Lemon Pesto
Meyer Lemon Pesto and Feta Pasta with Shrimp
Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
Grilled Coconut and Pineapple Sweet Chili Shrimp
Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp
Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers