Slow cooker meals are the best! Throw the meal into the slow-cooker before going to work and it’s ready by the time you get home! This salsa verde chicken slow cooker recipe is one of my favourites! It’s as easy as dumping the chicken and salsa verde into the crockpot and shredding the chicken when it’s done! You can use the salsa verde chicken in a lot of different ways: throw it on pasta, on rice, in tacos, in burritos, in quesadillas, etc. I like to keep things simple and serve it with tortillas and a few taco style toppings so that everyone can make tacos as they like! What a tasty weeknight meal!
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Super simple slow cooker pulled chicken in a tasty salsa verde sauce!
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker with the mixture of the salsa verde, green chilies, jalapeno, onion, garlic, and cumin and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Pull/shred the chicken, mix it back into the sauce along with the green onions, cilantro, and lime juice, and enjoy!
Option: Mix in 1/2 cup crema or sour cream after cooking.
Option: Add 1 cup corn, after cooking.
Option: Add 1 (14.5 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained, after cooking.
Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas Tacos
Spicy Peanut Chicken Tacos
Beef Barbacoa Tacos
Pollo Pibil Tacos with Citrus Salsa
Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
Jamaican Jerk Beef Tacos with Pineapple and Banana Salsa
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Mexican Shredded Beef
Chicken Mole Tacos
Pork Adobo Tacos
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Carne Guisada Tacos
Chicken Tinga Tacos