I always enjoy eating salads as light meals in the summer, especially when they use the grill! This salad includes a few great flavour combos including steak and eggs, eggs and bacon, and steak and blue cheese; yum! This salad is basically a steak, such as a T-bone, ribeye, flank, etc. that’s grilled, grilled asparagus, hard boiled eggs, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onions all in a tasty homemade blue cheese dressing along with some extra blue cheese. If you are looking for a light meal that tastes great then this steak and egg salad with blue cheese dressing fits the bill perfectly!
Steak and Egg Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
A steak and egg themed salad with asparagus bacon and a tasty blue cheese dressing!
- 1 pound steak (T-bone, ribeye, striploin, flank, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 cups lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste and grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the asparagus until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Slice the steak and asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Assemble the salad, toss and enjoy!
Option: Use your favourite veggies such as cucumbers, diced peppers, etc.
Option: A balsamic dressing is a nice replacement for the blue cheese dressing!
Tip: Cook the bacon ahead of time!
Chimichurri Steak Salad
Thai Grilled Steak Salad
Black and Blue Steak Salad with Asparagus and Red Peppers
Chimichurri Steak Quesadillas with Avocado Chimichurri
Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
Beef Wellington Tarts with Mushroom Blue Cheese Sauce
Burgers Smothered in a Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce
Pan Seared Steak in Blue Cheese Sauce
Elizabeth Duckwworth says
This is one of my favorite dishes at one of our local restaurants. They wood fire a ribeye, it’s absolutely scrumptious!