National Grilled Cheese month continues with this tasty white BBQ chicken grilled cheese sandwich! Tangy white BBQ sauce with tender shredded roasted chicken along with pungent onions and spicy jalapenos are so amazing in a toasty sandwich with plenty of melted cheese!
White BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A hot melted grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with chicken in a white BBQ sauce, onions and pickled jalapenos!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices gouda (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/3 cup pulled chicken, warm
- 1 tablespoon white BBQ sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the mixture of the chicken and BBQ sauce, the onions, jalapenos, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
Chicken Gyro Grilled Cheese (aka The Gyro Melt)
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
White BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Apple BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
Any thoughts on making a grilled cheese sandwich using sardines? Do sardines and cheese even go well together?
Barbara McFarland says
This was delicious! I will definitely be keeping a jar off the white bbq sauce in the fridge.
What BBQ sauce did you use? I cannot find white bbq sauce!
I use a homemade white bbq sauce (click here to see it)!
Stephanie flower says
What is white bbq sauce?? what’s it made out of??😳
Here is my recipe: White BBQ Sauce
Sharon Farrell says
I made this for dinner tonight. WE went be eating for another 2 hours, but I had everything together and cheated and made myself a tiny tasting sandwich. It is seriously delicious! I could drink that white BBQ sauce!
I followed your recipe, except I used fresh jalepeño slices and homemade pickled onions that I always keep a jar of in the fridge.
Any bread recommendations for this recipe?