Last week while I was enjoying my tacos I thought that a taco burger would be a good idea and this weekend I got around to making them. I kept the burger patties themselves pretty simple just seasoning them with the taco seasoning and grilling them up. Near the end of the grilling I topped them with some cheddar cheese which melted nicely. From there I proceeded to construct the burgers using some of my favorite taco condiments including salsa, lettuce, tomato and avocado. At first I was thinking of using guacamole but then I decided to go with a mixture of avocado and mayo as I often enjoy mayo on my burgers and this way I would get the best of both worlds. The taco burgers turned out great! The patties were nice and moist and juicy and so full of flavour! All of the taco flavours worked really well in burger form though the burgers were a bit messy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Mix the taco seasoning into the ground beef.
- Form into 4 patties 3/4 inches thick and press your thumb into the middle to form a depression on top prevent bulging.
- Brush the patties with oil, place on grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Set aside, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Assemble burgers to taste.