The other day I was craving some tender slowly braised beef barbacoa and since it's so easy to make in the slow cooker I whipped up a batch and used it to make these tasty barbacoa quesadillas! Beef barbacoa is packed with flavour and although it's great enjoyed simply in tacos with onions and cilantro you can't argue against using it in some cheesy quesadillas! There is just something about biting into those crispy toasted tortillas filled with the tasty barbacoa and loads of ooey gooey melted cheese that is so irresistibly delicious! I like to keep these quesadillas nice and simple to allow the flavours of the barbacoa to shine through so a fresh pico de gallo is perfect in them.
Tender and tasty beef barbacoa sandwiched between toasted tortillas with fresh pico de gallo and plenty of melted cheese!
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup beef barbacoa
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the beef barbacoa, pico de gallo, the remaining cheese and remaining tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Barbacoa and Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice Burrito Salad Bowl
Quesadillas al Pastor with Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple Guacamole
Quesadilla Huevos Rancheros
Salmon Teriyaki and Pineapple Quesadillas
Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Crema