Late summer and early fall is the time for roasting red peppers and I have already roasted a ton of them! Before I threw all of them into the freezer to enjoy throughout the winter I could not resist using a few of them and I knew just what I wanted to do with them. I had a pair of spicy Italian sausages in my freezer that had just been calling my name and I was thinking that pairing them with the sweet roasted red peppers in an omelette for breakfast would be really nice. I kept things pretty simple starting with some onion, a bit of garlic and the sausage which I sauteed in a pan before topping with the eggs to form the omelet. Since I am hopelessly addicted to cheese there was no way that I was not going to cover and/or fill this omelet with melted mozzarella and parmesan! At this point the omelette would have been great but I had one more trick up my sleeve as I was going to top everything off with a tasty marinara sauce ! I always have a hard time choosing between making omelettes so over the last few days I have been alternating between them. What a great way to start the morning on these cooling early fall days!
Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Omelette Topped with Marinara Sauce
An omelette with spicy Italian sausage, sweet roasted red pepper and melted cheese covered in a tasty marinara sauce.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 link Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup easy marinara sauce
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in small no-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sausage and cook until the sausage just starts to brown, breaking it up as it cooks and set aside.
- Turn the heat down one notch and pour in the eggs.
- When the eggs just starts to set, after about a minute, sprinkle the sausage over half of the eggs along with the roasted red pepper and the cheese on top.
- Cook until the eggs are just about set fold the side that is not covered over the other side and slide it onto a plate.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the omelette and garnish with parsley.
Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Frittata topped with Marinara and Mozzarella
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
Black Bean Chili Omelette
Caramelized Apple and Gorgonzola Omelette with Bacon and Pecans
Spinach and Feta Omelette
Italian Style Baked Eggs
Pad Thai Omelette
Lemony Lentil Soup
Bacon and Brie Omelette