When I think about enchiladas I tend to think about them as requiring too much effort but, when you have everything on hand, they are actually pretty easy. When I make my salsa verde chicken I like to make a double batch so that I can use some in tacos on the day that I make it and the leftovers go into these salsa verde chicken enchiladas! With the meat cooked and ready to go, this recipe becomes as simple as rolling the chicken in tortillas, placing them all in a baking dish, and topping with salsa verde and cheese before baking until the cheese is melted. Once the enchiladas are baked I like to garnish them with fresh ingredients to make them look spectacular before serving! Super easy!
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Salsa verde chicken rolled up in tortillas and smothered in salsa and melted cheese!
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked salsa verde chicken
- 8 (8 inch) tortillas (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar), shredded
- Spread half of the salsa over the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Divide the chicken between the tortillas, roll them up and place them in the baking pan.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle on the cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.
Option: Garnish with onions.
Option: Garnish with avocado.
Option: Garnish with jalapeno.
Option: Garnish with sour cream.
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Mushroom and Zucchini Enchiladas
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Avocados
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Mexican Shredded Beef Tamale Pie
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Skillet Chicken Verde
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Enmoladas (Chicken Mole Enchiladas)
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilada Skillet