I am always on the lookout for easy side dishes and when I came across this one for slow cooker cheesy bacon ranch potatoes on damn delicious I knew that I had a winner! As soon as I see slow cooker in the name I pretty much know that it's going to be nice and easy and throw in the words potatoes, ranch, cheese and bacon and you definitely have my interest! I especially like the fact that these potatoes are made in the slow cooker because for large dinners, like Thanksgiving dinners, there tends to be a lot of things that need oven time so doing some in the slow cooker is perfect! These potatoes could not be easier to make, you simply dice the potatoes, toss the in a powdered ranch dressing mix, layer them into the slow cooker along with the cheese and bacon, cook all day and they are ready just in time for dinner! If you are looking for an easy side dish for dinner it's hard to beat these cheesy slow cooker bacon ranch potatoes!
Yum! Just look at all of that melted cheesy goodness!
Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours 10 minutes Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes Servings: 12
Super quick and easy cheesy bacon and ranch potatoes that are sure to be the highlight of any dinner!
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Toss the potatoes in the each dressing mix and place 1/3 of them into a foil wrapped slow cooker followed by 1/3 of the bacon and cheese and repeat with two more layers of potatoes, bacon and cheese before cooking on low until tender, about 8-10 hours on low of 4-5 hours on high.
- Sprinkle on the green onions and enjoy!