Today I have a really quick and easy asparagus dish for you, tuscan roast asparagus! Asparagus is tossed in oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper and topped with slices of tomatoes and plenty of parmesan before being roasted to perfection! Roasting the asparagus and tomatoes concentrates and caramelizes their flavours, bringing them out, and making them even better and of course smothering everything in melted cheese is always good! This tuscan roasted asparagus take only a little bit of time and effort and it makes for a really tasty side for any summer meal!
Tuscan Roast Asparagus
Asparagus and tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper and roasted to perfection with a topping of melted parmesan cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 large tomato, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Toss the asparagus and tomatoes in the oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, place the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer with the slices of tomato on top, sprinkle on the parmesan and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes, mixing half way through.
Option: Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or toss in balsamic vinaigrette.
Option: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil.
Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Grilled Asparagus and Tomatoes in a Kalamata Olive and Feta Vinaigrette
Grilled Asparagus with Bacon and Balsamic Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Poutine
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus in Gorgonzola Sauce
Asparagus with a Poached Egg in Hollandaise Sauce
Caesar Grilled Asparagus
Grilled Asparagus with Carrot Ginger Dressing
Grilled Asparagus with Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, Feta and Kalamata Olives
Grilled Asparagus in a Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Sauce