Fresh and juicy grilled pineapple salsa is so good on hot summer days! (It's nice and refreshing whether you grill the pineapple or skip it and go uncooked!) The other day I was enjoying some fabulous grilled pineapple salsa and I could not help but think that it would be really nice with a sweet and salty teriyaki sauce! Then I was thinking that instead of using fresh jalapenos I could use candied jalapenos, which I had recently discovered and become instantly obsessed with! Of course I could not stop there and bacon just had to make an appearance since it goes so well with all of the other ingredients! The resulting teriyaki grilled pineapple salsa with candied jalapenos and bacon is my new favourite summer salsa with all of the flavours and textures working so well together!
Teriyaki Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Candied Jalapenos and Bacon
Juicy grille pineapple salsa with sweet and salty teriyaki sauce, bacon and candied jalapenos!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup candied jalapenos
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons pineapple teriyaki sauce (see below)
- salt to taste
- Grill the pineapple and slice.
- Cook the bacon and crumble.
- Mix everything and enjoy!
Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce
A sweet and salty homemade pineapple teriyaki sauce.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or pureed pineapple)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- Simmer everything until the sugar has dissolved.
Salmon Teriyaki and Pineapple Quesadillas
Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers with Grilled Pineapple Salsa, Bacon and Blue Cheese
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema
Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Salsa Quesadillas with Pina Colada Guacamole
Grilled Coconut and Pineapple Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos
Coffee Rubbed Roasted Pork Belly Tacos
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos with Candied Jalapeno and Bacon