Hummus has to be one of my favourite foods! I mean, in addition to being super easy to make, it’s so nice and light, creamy, tasty and plain old addictively good! As much as I’m into basic hummus it’s also fun to mix in other flavours and since avocados have been on my mind lately it was only natural to try an an avocado hummus. This recipe is just as easy to make as plain hummus where you just throw all of the ingredients, with the addition of avocados, into the food processor and puree! It’s hard to believe that hummus could get any creamier but the avocados make it so and the flavour it to die for! Get your pita chips ready for dipping because avocados take hummus to a whole new level!
It’s so fun to dip into!
Just a few simple ingredients creates such an amazing thing!
What an amazing green colour!
Instead of just using it as a dip, spread it on a pita and top with some roasted veggies for a light, tasty and healthy meal!
An addictively good homemade creamy chickpea avocado hummus that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans (~3 cups) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and stone removed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Puree everything in a food processor adding as much water as needed to get the desired consistency.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Pitas with Avocado Hummus
Pitas slathered with creamy avocado hummus and topped with roasted spiced cauliflower and crunchy chickpeas.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pitas
- 1 cup avocado hummus
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Toss the cauliflower and chickpeas in the oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Spread the avocado hummus on the pitas, top with the roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, cilantro and yogurt and enjoy!
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
6 Ingredient Guacamole
Avocado Tzatziki Sauce
Guasacaca (Avocado Sauce)
Cheesy Margherita Pizza Hummus with Pesto Pita Chips
Pesto Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
Avocado Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Chocolate Avocado Pudding