I’ve shared a number of asparagus recipes over the years and I recently noticed that I have not shred one of my favourites, this cheesy roast asparagus! This recipe is so easy, roast the asparagus, top with cheese and broil until the cheese has melted! What a great way to enjoy asparagus! I like to season the asparagus simply with salt and pepper, along with a pinch of garlic powder. You can use your favourite melty cheese and this combination of tasty parmesan with melty mozzarella is a fabulous one!
Cheesy Roast Asparagus
Tender roast asparagus covered in plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Toss the asparagus in the oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and arrange on a baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the asparagus starts to get tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle on both cheeses, return to the oven and broil until the cheese melts and turns a little golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Option: Replace the mozzarella with another melty cheese!
Asparagus Bacon and Egg Salad
Grilled Asparagus in Lemon Maple Tahini with Tomatoes and Cucumbers
Grilled Asparagus with Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, Feta and Kalamata Olives
Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Grilled Asparagus and Tomatoes in a Kalamata Olive and Feta Vinaigrette
Caesar Grilled Asparagus
Grilled Asparagus with Bacon and Balsamic Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese (aka Bacon Jam Asparagus)
Maple Dijon Roasted Asparagus
Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
Grilled Asparagus in a Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
Tuscan Roast Asparagus
Orange Sesame Roast Asparagus
Grilled Asparagus with Carrot Ginger Dressing
Lemon and Feta Grilled Asparagus