Stuffed bell peppers can often be a fun meal, especially when you stuff them with some amazing flavours like the flavours in a meal lovers pizza! Pizza topped with plenty of meat, such as crumbled Italian sausage, pepperoni and bacon, is one of my favourites and it makes for a super tasty filling for stuffed peppers! This recipe starts out with cooking the three kind of meat, followed by mixing in some pizza sauce, stuffing it all into halved bell peppers, topping with cheese and baking! They are that easy to make! Since the meat has already been cooked, you really only need to bake until the peppers are as tender as you want them to be and by then the cheese will have melted be be all sorts of ooey gooey and good! These meat lover stuffed peppers are amazing and you can change things up with the filling by making it a mixture of your favourite pizza toppings!
I like to sprinkle some oregano and red pepper flakes over the top!
Meat Lovers Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Tender stuffed peppers filled with all of the flavours of a meat lovers pizza including sausage, pepperoni and bacon all topped with plenty of melted cheese!
- 4 ounce bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 4 large bell peppers, cup in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Cook the bacon, drain and and set it aside.
- Cook the sausage and onion, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks, before draining.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute before removing from heat.
- Cook the pepperoni and set aside. (optional)
- Mix the bacon, sausage, pepperoni, olives and 1/2 of the pizza sauce, and stuff it into the peppers.
- Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the bottom of a large baking pan and place the stuffed peppers on top.
- Bake, covered in foil, in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the peppers are tender, about 20 minutes, before uncovering, topping with cheese and baking until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
Tip: Cook the bacon, sausage and pepperoni at the same time on different burners to speed things up!